Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Visiting Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

It was nice to have the opportunity to visit other countries once more. This time I visited Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The first impression when I arrived here was, the city was very crowded with motorcycles, and also most of the people here can't speak English, so you need to do 'body language' to communicate with the local people. (hahaha).
The currency values also very low, for 1 USD = 20,935 Dong (VD), so you can get more than 2 millions VD for $100.

During my visit, I stayed at Windsor Plaza hotel, a five stars hotel with a very low price compared to other hotels. But the services and amenities are very good. On my first day, I had visited New An Dong Market which is located under the hotel. I also had stopped in the supermarket and bought a few packs of Coffee and cakes which are very typical of this country.



I also had tried several restaurants in this hotel, it tastes good and the price is not too expensive. In the evening I went to the typical Vietnamese noodle restaurant called Pho 24, which is located on the opposite of the hotel. I ordered 'Pho All' which is a bowl of noodles with beef and meatballs, which is very delicious.


On the next afternoon, me and my friends went to the Ben Thanh market to buy some souvenirs. But I didn't buy too much stuff, because of the luggage capacity. So I just bought some key chains and some coffee. In this market there are also many foreign tourists, and you can bargain the price with the seller, I always bid the price up to 75%. Do not worry if the seller can't speak English, they can use a calculator for bargain.


In the evening, I was invited to have dinner at a restaurant called Ngon Restaurant in the district 1. In this restaurant I tried some Vietnamese dishes, although I do not know its name. The cuisine taste in this restaurant is quite nice, and the service is very nice as well. I also saw many tourists who dine at this restaurant.


Well, although it's quite a short trip, but i
t's enough for me to enjoy the hospitality and cuisine of this country. And the good news also I met some of my old friends from other countries (because I was here for business). Later in the day and I have to go back to the airport to return home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin