Germany, is one of European country that is worth a visit as a tourist destination.
One of the beautiful small town is Bamberg.
Located in Bravia, north of Nuremberg, about 45 minutes by bus from Erlangen, has Regnitz river. When World War II, the city of Bamberg survived the bombing,
so the original buildings still stood firm with their ethnic form.
Bamberg name itself is taken from the House of Babenberg.
The price is also not too expensive, a 0.5 liter glass only about 3 euros. It does feel a little bit different from the usual beer, and the color was slightly brown.
This town is quite famous for its beer, because there are about eight traditional brewer in town.
Bamberg also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage because of its authentic medieval appearance.
This city also has many main sights, which are :
- Cathedral (1237), with the tombs of emperor Henry II and Pope Clement II.
- Alte Hofhaltung, residence of the bishops in the 16th and 17th centuries
- Neue Residenz, residence of the bishops after the 17th century
- Old Town Hall (1386), built in the middle of the Regnitz River, accessible by two bridges
- Klein-Venedig ("Little Venice"), a colony of picturesque fishermen's houses from the 19th century along one side of the river Regnitz.
I really enjoyed my trip to this city... And the weather in autumn is really cool, also you can enjoy the sight of trees changing their color from green to orange.
So... what are you waiting for, prepare your passport and have a visit to this beautiful city, and don't forget to buy some souvenirs for your family and colleague.